April 24, 2012

All-a-Twitter

Printing more "Send your friends a tweet" cards today. I had to psyche myself up to surgically remove the bottom part of my block where the word "tweet" was hand carved. Parts of the lettering did not survive multiple cleanings so it had to go.
Here's one of my high tech printing tools. Yep. It's an 8x8 Pyrex baking dish. It's perfect for pushing down on the block to transfer the ink to the card. I can see through it so I can be sure to center it over my block and the handles offer good grips.
The previous card and block after printing. All these cards are patiently awaiting their "tweets."
The new "tweet" method: individual rubber stamps for each letter held together as "one" stamp with a rubber band and binder clip. It worked pretty well.
My other sophisticated printing tool, a laundry drying rack holds cards in a sunny spot while the inks dry.

1 comment: