May 25, 2012

The Benefits of a Sinus Infection

When feeling logy and brain-foggy it is best to stick to simple tasks. My sinus infection just barely allowed my impaired motor skills to safely drive a pair of scissors. What would have normally been a tedious process, cutting apart security envelopes and used paper bags for crafting, was satisfyingly challenging. It didn't hurt that it was a beautiful, still day just begging for the studio to temporarily move to the porch. 

After screeching something awful, (have you ever heard a rabbit scream?) porch bunny came out to investigate.

And 11 months after moving the CD collection to perfectly sized Ikea boxes, I began to make labels for them. Have I really been living with those post-its for 11 months?

The replacement gift tag punch has successfully cut 80 times and keeps on going, and going, and going... I love that the text is somewhat visible through the wrinkled backing on these tags. And I love that everything but the glue was trash or surplus. The text is pages from a damaged Danish book that began with chapter 32, the brown backing is used paper shopping bags, and the string is surplus cotton crochet thread left over from an art school assignment 20 (oh my) years ago.

I'm picturing many summer days on the porch, processing materials for repurposing, with a delightfully foggy head not from a sinus infection but icy cold micro-brews. Ahhh...

No comments:

Post a Comment