December 24, 2012

Merry Christmas Eve

In a happy accident sort of way, my tree branch arrangement is the perfect place to display holiday greetings. I've never been satisfied with my previous attempts to display Christmas cards. This one makes me happy. Plus, that slightly blurry card at the the top features a line of birds. Serendipitous perfection. I think the card tree is going to become a new holiday tradition. 

A Christmas Eve tradition my family used to observe was to go to my Swedish grandparents house (by Lake Winnipesaukee in NH) for traditional smörgåsbord and present exchange. As a reminder and extension of that long ago tradition, I'm making glögg today. It's a warm, spiced, fortified wine drink. Curious? Here's a recipe and another recipe. Skål.

No comments:

Post a Comment