March 15, 2013

Reverse Declutterfication

I think this latest take of decorator fabric samples justifies a new sewing machine, don't you? My wonderful, little machine meant only for the occasional home seamstress might just have a stroke if I introduce it to 12+ moving boxes of upholstery fabric. Any suggestions for a heavy (or at least heavier) duty workhorse? I'm partial to Husqvarna, but for no other reason than I'd love to have a sewing machine AND a chain saw from the same manufacturer. Makes perfect sense, right? Not exactly a thoughtful or well researched endorsement, though. Because the fabrics I use are rather bulky, I mostly overcast raw edges rather than fold under seams. Maybe a serger should join the arsenal? Really, any sewing machine advice is most welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment