April 19, 2013

Waterlogged

I couldn't make up my mind about gardening this year since we'll be moving house in June and don't yet have a garden prepared at the new house. But ultimately I can't pass up growing a few things, whether they remain in pots or make into the ground. And just as I was thinking I'm very late with my seed starts, we've had our regular Spring torrential rains. Just look at those waterlogged furrows. (Um, is furrows the right word?) I'm thankful I don't have any tender seedlings drowning out there.
While I am on pace to finish the sand paint removal in the green room today (woo-hoo!), I'm taking a somewhat guilt-laden break from sanding. My sinuses need a breather, so to speak. So, late lunch of whole wheat pasta with onions, carrots, cauliflower, edamame, pine nuts and cheese while I watch The Life of Birds, a BBC documentary narrated by David Attenborough.  

No comments:

Post a Comment