May 15, 2013

Mending Success

I've learned that the secret to successful mending, for me, is to not have a mending basket / bag / box / receptacle of any kind. If something needs to be mended, do it right away or it won't get done. Case in point, my work jeans. 
Under normal circumstances I think I would be about ready to relegate these guys to the scrap bin. Every time I apply a patch, a new hole develops in the next wearing. But, somehow, it is comforting to believe that this one pair of jeans will accompany me through the entire home renovation that is my project of late. And, quite frankly, it is faster and cheaper to mend these jeans again and again than it would be to trek to the nearest strip mall to search for a pair of jeans that actually fit my body and budget. That kind of search can take months. No exaggeration.

So, it is with great pleasure that I am about to fully cover the front of each leg from below the knee to mid thigh with an upholstery fabric sample from my stash. A funny piece of fabric that makes me smile to imagine wearing it. A leopard can't change its spots, isn't that the saying?

No comments:

Post a Comment