July 8, 2013

Road Trip

The road trip yarn bag got a workout this past week. Approximately 1,500 miles to Chicago, several points in Wisconsin, and back again. (I actually took some pictures this time which I will share once I sort through the bunch.)
I'm really pleased with the start of my first linen dishtowel, following patterns from the Purl bee. I do love slip stitches for color work. But I was a bit nervous to use #3 needles for the fist time. They're so small! Even though the small needles make for somewhat slow growth in this project, it is so satisfying to knit with linen (Louet's Euroflax wet spun linen). The stitch definition is not only crystal clear, the resulting texture is like a drug to my tactility loving hands. I think I've found a new favorite knitting project, linen towels. And it's about time, too, as my cotton dishrag drawer is full to bursting! Well, the as yet unpacked moving box is full to bursting, but you know what I mean. 

No comments:

Post a Comment