February 3, 2014

Fabric Coil Baskets

Image © Lisa Tilse for the red thread
I have long wanted to try my hand at making coiled fabric baskets or bowls, like those pictured above by Lisa Tilse. As you might imagine, I have plenty of reclaimed materials on hand to get started. But until I found this tutorial over at the red thread, I could not find thorough instructions that 1. weren't intimidating and 2. made sense to me. Thank you, Lisa! Fabric coil baskets are officially on my list of new things to try during my year of openness. And since I'm posting about it, I won't lose the link to the instructions. (Yes, this is a recurring problem for me. My bookmark menu is a mess! I haven't found a way to make it work for me.) Are you trying any new projects this year? Share in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment