February 12, 2014

Outside

A few sights around Mole Manor from the day or two this winter we weren't blanketed in snow. Mole Manor is my semi-affectionate, semi-disdainful name for our house. It hasn't yet suggested a more dignified name, so, for now, this is how I refer to it in my mind. 

I unexpectedly made a few tweaks to the blog layout this morning. I've been wanting to make improvements, but couldn't make up my mind exactly what to change. Sometimes its best just to jump in. The one thing I definitely wanted to change was to make the images bigger. What do you think?

I am not a designer. But I muddle through. Oddly - or par for the course, I suppose - the major layout changes took the mere click of a few buttons while making the text and images align to the same width took hours. Mainly the time was spent searching the web for the proper code to customize my template. If I understood code, perhaps this search could have been avoided. But I don't understand it, I muddle through. If you're interested, this is what I added to the CSS
.post img{
  padding:0;
 margin:0px 0px 5px;
}
Then I resized the template widths until the posts looked balanced.

More changes are coming. Once I decide what they should be!

No comments:

Post a Comment