June 20, 2014

An Albert Meal

My road trip with Albert included a couple of days at my house. Long enough to take my chef friend to the cook's wonderland that is Jungle Jim's International Market, with the ulterior motive of getting to indulge in the gastric delights of an Albert creation. 

He made a Thai-style fresh curry that we had with brown jasmine rice and ginger marinated tempeh. The curry sauce was a blend of cilantro, Thai basil, shallots, garlic, lemon grass, serrano peppers, dried chile peppers, lime juice, water and possibly a few other things I am forgetting UPDATE: like ginger root! How could I forget ginger? This sauce, along with coconut milk, was poured over sauteed onions, carrots, bell peppers, green beans, yucca, and boniato (those last two items are starchy root vegetables, think potato-like). After simmering a bit, it was all topped with more cilantro and Thai basil. To accompany all this deliciousness was a salad of pea shoots, watercress, jicama, cucumber, and mango AND Stochasticity Project Grapefruit Slam IPA from Stone Brewing Co. 

My mouth is watering. Thanks, Albert!

No comments:

Post a Comment