June 30, 2014

Fabric Research

I recently picked up this book at Source Booksellers, a wonderful little, independent non-fiction bookstore in Detroit. The title is a bit alarmist for my taste, but I couldn't pass it up. In my on-again, off-again search for information about the health and environmental impacts of textile production, this is the first written source I have come across that includes references. References! Yes. Finally, I have a link to source materials and studies so I can attempt to verify claims. Until now I have found statistics, data, assertions, and anecdotes online and in craft books that disagree with one another but none of which are cited. I am not comfortable trusting or propagating un-cited claims. Here's hoping I can begin to scratch the surface with help from Killer Clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment