August 6, 2014

Studio Storage

After fooling myself that I could salvage the cabinets we ripped out of the kitchen last year (between the mildew and the vermin using them as a toilet, I have no desire to bring those things inside from the barn and take the chance of contaminating my work space and materials with spores - I lost more than enough to mildew while in NC) and after trolling craigslist for over a year looking for cheap but charming (non-existent in my price range) old kitchen hutches or defunct entertainment centers to transform into studio storage, I caved and went to Ikea. 

All I can say is why didn't I do this sooner? It's been driving me mad to not be able to unpack all of my studio supplies simply because there was no where to unpack them to.

Between a sale on the Borgsjö storage system and a $20 off coupon, I paid $220 for 3 step-back shelf units and 3 sets of solid doors which include the door knobs and hinges (regular pricing adds up to $285.) Not only did I spend less than this area's regular craigslist asking price for a single comparable cabinet, the Borgsjö do not require any cleaning and refinishing before use. And they're free of mold, mildew, and vermin. Peace of mind and the ability to unpack immediately. Well, as soon as I figure out where to position the units.

I don't know if I'm more happy about the prospect of having my studio supplies organized and readily available or about finally ridding the living room of the cardboard moving boxes that currently house the majority of my supplies. Ahhhhh.

No comments:

Post a Comment