November 12, 2015

Virtual Housekeeping

My eyeballs are twitching. And it's no one's fault but my own. So many hours spent at the computer today, it's embarrassing. On a whim I decided to update my tired, old website to match the colors and look here on the blog. A placeholder page. That's it. I don't even want to know how long it took. But, after all the troubleshooting - Let me just interject a moment to say that troubleshooting code when you don't really have a clue about the code itself is utter madness. When did I last work with CSS? Four years ago? - ah, after the troubleshooting and hair pulling and cursing we have a nice, little webpage that no longer sticks out like a sore thumb nor includes broken links to a non-existent Etsy shop.

To review, this is what it was:
 And now it looks like this:
Such a small change, but big satisfaction. I've been wanting to get around to this for ages. Another teeny, tiny change I made today that had a disproportionately huge effect was to move two hand knit dishrags from the basket by the kitchen sink to the bathtub. These two cloths feature bright colors in patterns that pop. They just don't fit with the soft pastels of the other dishrags. For years I haven't been able to put my finger on why the basket of dishcloths felt abrasive to my sensibilities. All it was, it turns out, was the two showy colored cloths. So. Damn. Simple. And the nubbly texture of the soft cotton knits make for great wash cloths in the shower. As a former co-worker of mine would say, "Winner winner chicken dinner."

Since I don't eat meat, I'll forego the chicken for a glass of wine. Skål.

No comments:

Post a Comment