November 7, 2016

Sketchbook 11.07.16

Of the 43 shots I took in the past couple of days, all but one are definite scum off the top. Which, number wise, is pretty much on par with my film shooting from a decade ago. When in regular practice, I would shoot a minimum of 2 rolls a week, about 78 exposures. Of those 78, I would average 2 images worthy of final prints. So, 1 in 43 isn't too far off the mark.
I'm quite taken with this knot bleeding through the paint on the door trim. But I cannot get a compelling shot of it. At least this one, the best of the scum off the top of the knot series, eliminated the reflective glare in the semi-glossy paint. Still not happy with it, though.
 Moving on to the door itself. Another scum off the top shot, above. And below, the one keeper of the bunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment