March 3, 2017

On the Brink

I so very much wanted to share with you this week the first piece in my year-long, weekly textile practice. Alas, the week filled up with appointments and visits - all of which are and were exciting in their own rights - but took me away from the studio. The fabric I was waiting for did arrive and will provide the background for each of the upcoming 52 weekly pieces. By the way, if you are ever in need of 100% wool felt, I recommend The Felt Pod. I bought some small pieces of wool felt from their Etsy shop years ago to make baby booties and it was a pleasure to work with. This time I ordered one square yard directly from their website and was delighted to find it shipped in a recycled, reusable, and recyclable EcoEnclose pouch. (These are not a paid endorsements, merely my own opinions.)

Not only is the weekly practice on the near horizon (NEXT WEEK!), I am super excited to begin experimenting with found rusty hardware, bits, and bobs to dye cotton. I have a vague idea for a finished piece incorporating all the rust dye experiments, but there's plenty of time, and process, for that idea to morph or get canned. It happens.
Hope you have a great weekend! See you back here Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment