December 21, 2017

Happy Solstice

Solstice greetings, friends! The city birds aren't early birds, but they sure do flock to the feeder by mid-day. Visiting the buffet and environs are house finches, wrens (is that a Carolina wren just above?), various sparrows (the only one I think I identified correctly is the house sparrow), tufted titmice, black-capped chickadees, mourning doves, cardinals, juncos, and possibly nuthatches.
Year of Yoni is on break for the holidays. My slow stitching of late has been of a more practical nature. A familiar sight to some of you.
Which is not to imply that the crotch of my jeans is a familiar sight to you, rather that the patching of the crotch of jeans is an oft repeated task pictured on these here pages.
Slow stitching by the wood stove, listening to Morning on the Dock conversations, a pretty darn good way to spend an hour or two in my book. Trying something new this time. Rather than patching with cast off denim, I'm using a soft yet sturdy scrap of bed sheet. I picked the sheets up at a thrift store ages ago and used them to line curtains. I'm pretty sure the tag indicated that the fabric is 100% linen. I can't tell by feel. It's either linen, linen/cotton blend, or all cotton. Regardless, it will be less bulky than a denim patch. Here's hoping it wears well and prevents these jeans from splitting open while in use.

No comments:

Post a Comment