January 18, 2018

Making

One thing that's good about being sick as a dog, orbiting from couch to bed and back again, crumpled tissues and empty tea cups circling like the rings of Saturn, it makes for long, uninterrupted stretches of time to do nothing but knit. Because row upon row of stockinette is just within the limits of my fever addled concentration, I'm close to casting off this big, bulky, wooly project. It's destined to be fulled (felted), and - if my calculations are correct - will shrink to 2 x 3 feet of dense, sturdy wool felt for its future as a hearth rug. I'm a little concerned because I fulled my swatch by hand, but will attempt to full the finished rug in the washing machine. Fingers crossed that the machine will felt the knitted wool as thoroughly and nicely as the swatch. Stay tuned for results.

No comments:

Post a Comment