February 19, 2018

Movement in the Studio

Over morning coffee, still half-asleep, bleary-eyed and muddle-headed from the latest head cold, this is what I wrote in my notebook:
So many ideas for experimental pieces - want to jump in. But continued reluctance / inability to organize studio. Strange. Don't feel fear about new ideas / work. Not afraid to fail. Approaching as play & tinkering, engineering, trying, trial & error. So why the reluctance to set studio to rights?
Yes, I was about to go down the endless, twisting, switchbacking road of WHY and self-admonishment. I was right there, on the brink, about to write out pages of postulations and suppositions, and then, thank goodness, I remembered being here before.  But this time, I noticed my ingrained delay tactics trying to keep me out of the studio - the very place I WANT to be! The trickster is wily, yes indeed.
Take lesson / heed lesson from self: the ego asks why. The trickster is stalling. Forget about why & just do.
An afternoon in the studio; moving, shifting, unpacking, cleaning. There's a lot more to be done, but the improvement is heartening. And, with a few minutes more of tidying, the work table will be ready for action.

No comments:

Post a Comment