August 28, 2018

Distracted Deliberateness

I have not abandoned this space, dear readers. What began as silence due to distraction - complete inability to focus on anything from reading a single book to studio work to cooking meals to you name it - changed with reading these words:
". . . the more he talked about the book he wasn't writing, the harder it became to actually write."
- from Beautiful Ruins by Jess Walter
Avoiding this space due to distraction became deliberate silence. Rather than talking here about the ideas I have for work - work that I haven't begun - I am choosing to not talk. And rather than talking about it, I have been able to begin. Which I find fascinating. Perhaps more musings on that in the future, but, for now, the silence shall continue. Deliberately.

No comments:

Post a Comment