April 11, 2012

Down the Rabbit Hole with Alice

After a full 30 seconds of determined self-control, thinking (and believing [silly me]) I would begin the day at the sewing machine rather than at the computer with a rapidly cooling cup of coffee, here I am with a now empty coffee mug. I think I passed Alice during my fall down the rabbit hole a while back. I'm not sure. It's awfully dark in a rabbit hole. Maybe it was a rabbit with a watch in his waistcoat pocket. Hard to tell. Regardless, here's some of my discoveries:
  1. A rediscovery, really. I've enjoyed Amanda Blake Soule's book Handmade Home, and now I've stumbled upon her blog SouleMama.
  2. Which led to this amazing looking book, The Art of Instruction: Vintage Educational Charts from the 19th and 20th Centuries by Katrien Van der Schueren.
  3. Which led to the site for the author's gallery Voila! Art for the Modern Eye. (Pillows for $345? Definitely need to do some serious thinking and research on pricing. See comments to previous post Ideas & Input)
  4. Which led to exploration of mixed media artist Gwen Samuels, represented at Voila! I love what she says about hand stitching in her profile.
  5. Which led me here to share all these juicy nuggets with you.
UPDATE: After eating breakfast and reading some marketing tips, I tried something radical. I made a list of the three things I needed to look up online (yes, the three things I neglected to look for while at the computer earlier) before heading to the computer. I am happy to report that it worked! With the exception of writing these words, I focused solely on what I needed and it only took about 15 minutes. I am ridiculously proud of myself.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment