December 21, 2012

Happy Solstice

What possessed me to fly into Logan airport, in Boston, on the Friday before Christmas, at rush hour, with a 50 mile drive north to New Hampshire is a mystery for the ages. (Wish me luck!) While it might be a moronic day and time for me to travel, it is also the winter solstice today which is cause for celebration. Welcome back sunlight!
I usually make a fresh wreath every year. I don't know why, but it just didn't happen this year. Instead we have this welcoming arrangement next to the front door. (Given the crazy wind gusts that tear across the porch, the can/vase is weighted down with damp sand which doubles as a florist's frog of sorts.) Along with a new windfall nest to accompany the winter bouquet. Warm wishes for whatever kind of winter you desire. Me? I'm hoping for lots of snow and chilly temperatures. I would love at least one long walk in the snowy woods that requires snowshoes. What's your ideal winter like?




No comments:

Post a Comment